1. More voltage is not always better
We all know that the higher the voltage, the higher the efficiency of RV batteries. But high voltage RV batteries have the following disadvantages:
- Inconvenient maintenance: Compared with the 12V battery, the cable harness of the 48V battery is more complex. This undoubtedly increases the difficulty of maintenance.
- High failure rate: In the process of energy conversion, there may be problems with the converter. In the process of conversion, heat dissipation will also accelerate the aging of the wire harness. Excessive temperature may also cause spontaneous combustion.
- Fast power loss: no matter boost or step-down voltage will produce power loss.
- Low transmission efficiency: use 48V electricity to increase the converter. Charging more than a link undoubtedly reduces the power transmission efficiency.
- Low economic and practical: additional 12V/48V converters need additional costs.
- Low safety: the safety voltage that the human body can withstand is 36V. 48V May pose a threat to personal safety.
2. Increasing the number of RV batteries will not solve the problem of low battery
The lack of electricity on the RV batteries seems to have been troubling the RV users, many users began to modify the RV battery system after the car, some will add 2-4 batteries, instantly the power from 100Ah to 200Ah or even 400Ah. Even though your battery has 400Ah, you can only use about half of that or 200Ah. Why is that? We can explain this phenomenon with a graph.
▲ Analogize the over-discharge state of the battery when the power is lower than 20%
▲ Add full of electric battery after the effect
Through the principle of communicating vessels of physics to explain this phenomenon is easy to understand, outlet flow constant, from the injection port to the outlet end a container of water flow is in the form of decreasing, when the container closest to the water mouth of water less than 20% of the time, we determine the system will be unable to work, so need new sources of water injection. When you open the water inlet, you realize that not all the water we inject can be used by the outlet. It takes time to balance the process, and eventually, the multiple connectors can only be used at about 60% of their capacity. When we apply this principle to the consumption of RV batteries, it works, which is why we can't fully utilize the larger capacity of the battery.
3. Don't wait for less than 20% of the RV batteries to charge
If the power of the RV batteries is less than 50%, you will find that the corresponding voltage will be less than 12V, which means that the battery will not be able to start the 12V electrical equipment on the RV. If the power is less than 20%, the battery will form an over-discharge state, and the battery life will be greatly reduced. Therefore, many car friends who know more about the battery must not recommend you to use the battery less than 50% of the power, that is to say, 50% is a dividing line of the battery discharge, the most lack of electricity in the state of the battery discharge can not be less than 20%.
4. Develop good electricity usage habits
1, before using the battery must be fully charged, and under the premise of full power, it is generally recommended to supplement the battery in 2 ~ 3 months, if conditions are best 1 ~ 2 months to fill the electricity. Most saloon cars use lead-acid batteries because the self-discharge of lead-acid batteries will cause sulfate if a long time without electricity will cause capacity recovery difficulties to affect the life.
2. When the RV batteries are not in use, they should be stored in a ventilated and cool place. The load line should be disconnected after the battery pack is fully charged. This is to avoid the battery discharge caused by the no-load current.
3, The use of most of the battery temperature should be controlled at minus 10 degrees to 40 degrees. Temperatures more than 40 degrees, the activity of the battery active substances increase, affect the service life of the battery. The battery is not fully functional and cannot be fully charged if the temperature is below -10 degrees Celsius.